Peninsula Rivers Conservancy
Peninsula Rivers Conservancy is a direct-action conservation and education platform spearheaded by Cooper Landing Fishing Guide, LLC and AKKFFF.
PRC is a non-profit 501c3 that was established to directly fight against a massive, large-scale hydroelectric project on one of the most important contributors to the health of the Kenai River - the Snow River near Moose Pass and Seward, Alaska.
With the help of our fellow Alaskans, KENAI RIVER FISHING GUIDES AND EVERY DAY CITIZENS, we were able to shut the Snow River Dam down and EXPAND the conversations about renewable technologies, utility inefficiencies and energy solutions for Alaska.
PENINSULA RIVERS CONSERVANCY IN THE NEWS
- "ALASKA DAM WOULD DISRUPT PRISTINE SALMON RIVER - OPPONENTS" - E&E NEWS - MARGARET HOBSON
- "CONTROVERSIAL DAM PROJECT PROPOSED FOR SNOW RIVER" - SEWARD JOURNAL - MELISSA REESE
- "OPPOSITION RISES QUICKLY AGAINST PROPOSAL FOR KENAI PENINSULA DAMS." - ALASKA DISPATCH NEWS - ALEX DEMARBAN
- "HYDRO PROJECT ON SNOW RIVER PROMPTS CONCERNS FROM AREA RESIDENTS" - MIKE ROSS AND DAN CARPENTER - KTUU
- "SNOW RIVER DAM PROJECT SCRAPPED" - PENINSULA CLARION - BEN BOETTGER
- "SNOW RIVER HYDRO CONCEPT MEETS IMMEDIATE SKEPTICISM" - ALASKA JOURNAL OF COMMERCE - ELWOOD BREHMER
- "CHUGACH KILLS SNOW RIVER HYDROPOWER STUDY" ALASKA JOURNAL OF COMMERCE - ELWOOD BREHMER
- "UTILITY TO HALT KENAI PENINSULA DAM STUDY AFTER PUBLIC OUTCRY" - ALASKA DISPATCH NEWS - ALEX DEMARBAN
- "ALASKA DAM PROJECT CANCELLED AFTER OPPOSITION" - E&E NEWS - MARGARET HOBSON
- "HOW LOCAL OPPOSITION TOOK DOWN AN ALASKA DAM PROJECT" - E&E NEWS - MARGARET HOBSON
- "ANGLERS STOP ALASKA DAM BEFORE IT STARTS" - AUSTIN WILLIAMS - TROUT UNLIMITED
BOARD OF DIRECTORS/OFFICERS
David Lisi - President/Director
The Kenai Peninsula is David's home and the water is where you'll find him most days. Owner and guide at Cooper Landing Fishing Guide, LLC, David has a passion for keeping Alaska's rivers wild and running free.
jackie Bowman - treasurer/secretary/director of research
Whether it be the rivers and lakes of Wisconsin where she was born and raised, the waters of Bristol Bay and creeks of Southwest Alaska where she fell in love with the state, or her current locale overlooking the Kenai River, water has always been home for Jackie. An avid fly fisherwoman and conservationist, she strives to inspire passion for both, particularly related to anadromous fish species.
Brad Kirr - Vice President/director of special projects
I moved to Alaska in 2008, with my wife, in search of DAM free rivers full of wild salmonids, an opportunity to educate in secondary education, the hope of becoming a business owner, and the dream of raising a family. I have been a middle school Science/Math teacher for 9 years, owned and operated Alaska Kenai Fishing for Fun for 5 years, and blessed for the past 3 years with an amazing son named River. All of my aspirations have come true and I’ll be DAMNED if I am going to allow a dam on the Snow River.
PRC SPECIAL ADVISORY COUNCIL